Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I blocked a contact

If I block a contact is there a way to still receive their text messages? Is there a feature like the voicemail where the messages from blocked contacts would be stored or do they just not get received at all? thanks

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 9:41 PM

If you block a contact then that is exactly what happens. The contact gets blocked and the contact's texts will not be delivered. I am not sure what is the point of blocking someone and yet still receive the texts. If your goal is to receive texts from a contact without any notification sound, then you can mute the contact instead of blocking it.

To mute a contact, open the Messages app and locate the text conversation with this contact from the list of conversations. TOUCH the conversation and SWIPE LEFT. Tap on the Bell icon. This will mute that contact and conversation. You will not be notified that there is a text from from that contact, however, you will receive their texts.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 9:41 PM in response to Misstaybayx3

If you block a contact then that is exactly what happens. The contact gets blocked and the contact's texts will not be delivered. I am not sure what is the point of blocking someone and yet still receive the texts. If your goal is to receive texts from a contact without any notification sound, then you can mute the contact instead of blocking it.

To mute a contact, open the Messages app and locate the text conversation with this contact from the list of conversations. TOUCH the conversation and SWIPE LEFT. Tap on the Bell icon. This will mute that contact and conversation. You will not be notified that there is a text from from that contact, however, you will receive their texts.

Axel F.

If I blocked a contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.