Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Always require password" but ipad is still allowing app store downloads without it

Anyone ever have this issue? My 6 year old would download every game an ad comes up for, so to stop him putting 2475 games on my ipad, I have deliberately selected "always require password". It has been working so far as I have to enter my apple ID for even free ones. All of a sudden he has bought a $15 app! No idea how. He had the free version on there but not happy this has happened, I better get a refund!

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 1:23 AM

Check if this helps:

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store – Apple Support (UK)

All of a sudden he has bought a $15 app

If you have received an invoice from Apple, it will be stated on the invoice for what you have to pay.

Tap on Report a problem on the invoice.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.

Request a refund for apps or content you've bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

If you have requested a refund, you must wait until Apple has approved. Then you will receive a message from Apple.

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 1:23 AM in response to skinbeard

Check if this helps:

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store – Apple Support (UK)

All of a sudden he has bought a $15 app

If you have received an invoice from Apple, it will be stated on the invoice for what you have to pay.

Tap on Report a problem on the invoice.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.

Request a refund for apps or content you've bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

If you have requested a refund, you must wait until Apple has approved. Then you will receive a message from Apple.

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

"Always require password" but ipad is still allowing app store downloads without it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.