Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terminal pops up

Hello

I just upgraded the iMac to Catalina and the terminal pops up continuously, it is impossible to work with this issue, can anyone help me?

It shows my user name and then this line: ~ % /bin/zsh

What can I do to stop this nightmare?

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 2:28 AM

Hey John, I just followed the cleanup described in the report, and the issue disappeared! So thank you so much for letting me know about this genius app. If it will pop up again I will send you an updated report if you don't mind.

Thank you so much for your precious help John.

Have a great day.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 2:28 AM in response to John Galt

Hey John, I just followed the cleanup described in the report, and the issue disappeared! So thank you so much for letting me know about this genius app. If it will pop up again I will send you an updated report if you don't mind.

Thank you so much for your precious help John.

Have a great day.

Nov 21, 2022 8:57 AM in response to emi47

Thanks. Something on that Mac is causing that to occur, and it is probably an ill-mannered shell script or similar poorly implemented program.

Determining exactly what that is can be tedious. Rather than suggest a number of likely culprits consider using EtreCheck and posting its report in a reply to this Discussion.

Instructions for doing that are here: How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report - Apple Community. It's almost certain to help.

You can delete that program when you're finished with it, or just leave it be. It does exactly nothing unless it is actively running.

Nov 21, 2022 10:12 AM in response to John Galt

Thank you John, here is the last 2 paragraphs of the report, is that enough or do you need all the documents?

Clean up:

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.epicgames.launcher.plist

/Applications/Epic Games Launcher.app

Executable not found

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.waves.wls.agent.plist

/Library/Application Support/Waves/WavesLocalServer/WavesLocalServer.bundle/Contents/MacOS/WavesLocalServer

Executable not found

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.WavesAudio.SoundGridStudioSilent.plist

/Applications/Waves/SoundGrid Studio/SoundGrid Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/SoundGrid Studio

Executable not found

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.waves.daemon.SoundGridProtocolService.plist

/System/Library/Extensions/SoundGrid.kext/Contents/MacOS/SGProtocolService

Executable not found

Diagnostics Information (past 7-30 days):

2022-11-19 02:00:05 UpdaterStartupUtility - Crash (3 times)

Executable: /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/*/UpdaterStartupUtility

2022-11-17 19:55:28 AvidApplicationManager.app - Crash

Executable: /Applications/Avid/Application Manager/AvidApplicationManager.app

2022-11-17 18:54:27 auvaltool - Crash (4 times)

Executable: /usr/bin/auvaltool

Details:

abort() called

auvaltool(1701,0x115db0dc0) malloc: Incorrect checksum for freed objec

t 0x7fc66e03c010: probably modified after being freed.

Corrupt value: 0x6e038e00

2022-11-17 09:14:24 suggestd - Crash

Executable: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSuggestions.framework/Versions/A/Support/suggestd

Details:

dyld3 mode

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistency

Exception', reason: 'Asset identifier storage too small'

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

abort() called

2022-11-16 03:43:06 Logic Pro X.app - Crash

Executable: /Applications/Logic Pro X.app

Details:

MALondonIV | 55c921e417d7ea46dd67c836dd0d3ea5353ba77f7e81b63db63248334

585cbae | 45b84f1d96484be8b35b202bcd817966285356bf | 2020-06-09_13:15:

End of report

Terminal pops up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.