Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the email address when i set up my macbook to a new email

How do I change the email address when i set up my macbook to a new email?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 9:14 AM

Lisamorourke wrote:

If you are encountering Activation Lock as might be inferred here, you will need the help of the (current) owner of the Mac:

... Activation Lock for Mac - Apple Support

Here is how Apple expects the owner to do to prepare to transition ownership of a Mac to a new Apple ID and new owner:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

The rest including the re-install of macOS, you can do yourself.

If the seller is unavailable and Activation Lock is set, this Mac is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen Mac. You’ll need proof of original purchase showing serial number or legal paperwork and a discussion directly with Apple, or the assistance of the person holding Activation Lock here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 9:14 AM in response to Lisamorourke

Lisamorourke wrote:

If you are encountering Activation Lock as might be inferred here, you will need the help of the (current) owner of the Mac:

... Activation Lock for Mac - Apple Support

Here is how Apple expects the owner to do to prepare to transition ownership of a Mac to a new Apple ID and new owner:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

The rest including the re-install of macOS, you can do yourself.

If the seller is unavailable and Activation Lock is set, this Mac is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen Mac. You’ll need proof of original purchase showing serial number or legal paperwork and a discussion directly with Apple, or the assistance of the person holding Activation Lock here.

How do I change the email address when i set up my macbook to a new email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.