Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing mail address on MacBook air

Hi, I am leaving AOL and going to Gmail. How do I remove the AOL address from my mail and change it to Gmail and then put it on my doc?

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 2:31 PM

You didn't say which Mac OS version you are using but I'll guide you with Ventura. With another version it will be similar.

To add or remove an email account open the Mail app. From the menu bar choose Mail > Accounts... > Internet Accounts. Highlight the account you want to remove then if needed scroll to the bottom and select Delete Account...

Similarly to add an account choose Mail > Add Account... Choose Gmail and you'll be guided the rest of the way. Hope that helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 2:31 PM in response to Trudyt623

You didn't say which Mac OS version you are using but I'll guide you with Ventura. With another version it will be similar.

To add or remove an email account open the Mail app. From the menu bar choose Mail > Accounts... > Internet Accounts. Highlight the account you want to remove then if needed scroll to the bottom and select Delete Account...

Similarly to add an account choose Mail > Add Account... Choose Gmail and you'll be guided the rest of the way. Hope that helps.

Changing mail address on MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.