Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the wallpaper on my Lock Screen be different from my Home Screen like it used to be??

Can the wallpaper on my Lock Screen be different from my Home Screen like it used to be??

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 7:55 AM

1. If you haven’t made a new wallpaper yet, go to Settings -> Wallpaper, and press Add New Wallpaper. You can also do this by long-pressing on the lock screen to enter the Lock Screen Gallery and pressing the blue Add buton.
  2. Tap the Photos button at the top of the gallery. Select a photo to use for the lock screen. Customize the lock screen further if you want to.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner of the screen. Then, when the panel appears, select Customize Home Screen button.
  4. In this view, you can choose how you want your home screen to differ. You can make it show a color a gradient, blur out the lock screen content, or choose a different photo altogether. To do this, tap the Photos button.
  5. Select a new photo. Optionally enable the Blur effect. Then, tap Done in the top-right of the screen.
  6. That’s it. You now have a different lock screen and home screen photo set up.

Source: 9 to 5 Mac.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 7:55 AM in response to Life5150

1. If you haven’t made a new wallpaper yet, go to Settings -> Wallpaper, and press Add New Wallpaper. You can also do this by long-pressing on the lock screen to enter the Lock Screen Gallery and pressing the blue Add buton.
  2. Tap the Photos button at the top of the gallery. Select a photo to use for the lock screen. Customize the lock screen further if you want to.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner of the screen. Then, when the panel appears, select Customize Home Screen button.
  4. In this view, you can choose how you want your home screen to differ. You can make it show a color a gradient, blur out the lock screen content, or choose a different photo altogether. To do this, tap the Photos button.
  5. Select a new photo. Optionally enable the Blur effect. Then, tap Done in the top-right of the screen.
  6. That’s it. You now have a different lock screen and home screen photo set up.

Source: 9 to 5 Mac.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.