Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch - Heart rate alert while exercising

Is it possible to get an alert when my heart rate goes over X (X for me is 150) while I am walking or running on the treadmill (i.e. I am not at rest)? I am using Apple Watch Series 6.

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 5:22 PM

Your approach doesnt support my need. A notification is only sent if the heart rate rises above the set limit while I have been INACTIVE for 10 minutes. As I mentioned in my original post, I want to be alerted if my heart rate rises above 150 WHILE IM EXERCISING.

6 replies

Dec 28, 2022 4:52 PM in response to Eric--F

1. Open the Watch app on the iphone
  2. Touch Notifications
  3. Scroll down and touch the Heart icon
  4. Scroll down and under High Heart Rate it says "Receive notification when Apple Watch detects a heart rate that rises above 150 BPM while you appear to have been inactive for 10 minutes."

When I am on the treadmill, my heart rate sometimes goes above 150 BPM and I get NO alerts. When I get off the treadmill, my heart rate goes below 150 immediately and so that seems to confirm that no alert is sent if the heart rate drops below 150 within 10 minutes.

Scroll down to the bottom of the attached screenshot.

Nov 23, 2022 11:16 AM in response to Murali Narayanan

Hello Murali Narayanan,

You can use the steps below to set a high or low heart rate notification:

If your heart rate remains above or below a chosen beats per minute (BPM), your Apple Watch can notify you. These notifications are available only on Apple Watch Series 1 or later for ages 13 and up.

You can turn on heart rate notifications when you first open the Heart Rate app on your Apple Watch, or at any time later from your iPhone:

1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Heart.
3. Tap High Heart Rate, then choose a BPM. 
4. Tap Low Heart Rate, then choose a BPM.

You can also find those steps in this resource: Heart health notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you need any further assistance with the heart rate features of your Apple Watch, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support They'd be in the best position to help further.

Take care.

Apple Watch - Heart rate alert while exercising

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.