Related Article: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS?

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage isnt working all the time

I just recently switched from Android to IOS. I did the "Move to IOS" three times before I gave up on all my old messages transferring over. Which is fine, I am okay with not all of my old messages transferring over. However, I am now running into the issue of having some messages still send as SMS even though me and the recipient have been Imessaging. I send them a message which sends as an SMS then once they respond to my message, my next response will go back to Imessage. Has anybody ran into this before? How did you fix it?

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 11:20 AM

DroidtoIOS wrote:

I just recently switched from Android to IOS. I did the "Move to IOS" three times before I gave up on all my old messages transferring over. Which is fine, I am okay with not all of my old messages transferring over. However, I am now running into the issue of having some messages still send as SMS even though me and the recipient have been Imessaging. I send them a message which sends as an SMS then once they respond to my message, my next response will go back to Imessage. Has anybody ran into this before? How did you fix it?

When imessage is unavailable it will send as a SMS could be due to either you or the recipient is in area with a weak wifi or cellular data signal or has imessage turned off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 11:20 AM in response to DroidtoIOS

DroidtoIOS wrote:

When imessage is unavailable it will send as a SMS could be due to either you or the recipient is in area with a weak wifi or cellular data signal or has imessage turned off.

Imessage isnt working all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.