Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use the same sim from my carrier after i come back from international trip

I intend to use a new sim while on international travel. When i come back can i use the sim from my carrier?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 2:04 PM

Well, if your bank app uses 2 factor authentication you won’t be able to get the authentication codes, because they will go to the phone number associated with your “home” SIM.

What carrier do you use, and how long will you be traveling? Most carriers have reasonably priced roaming plans now. It may not pay to get a foreign SIM.

Another option is to convert your current SIM to an eSIM on your phone, and add a foreign SIM, so you will still have access to your home number.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 2:04 PM in response to madelyne224

Well, if your bank app uses 2 factor authentication you won’t be able to get the authentication codes, because they will go to the phone number associated with your “home” SIM.

What carrier do you use, and how long will you be traveling? Most carriers have reasonably priced roaming plans now. It may not pay to get a foreign SIM.

Another option is to convert your current SIM to an eSIM on your phone, and add a foreign SIM, so you will still have access to your home number.

Nov 22, 2022 2:16 PM in response to madelyne224

Your phone supports eSIM. If you go to Settings/Cellular there may be an option to switch to eSIM. If there isn’t contact your carrier. Once you have done that you can remove the nanoSIM, freeing up the SIM slot.

An eSIM is not a physical “thing”, it is a virtual SIM downloaded from your carrier, or, with most carriers, just copied from your current physical nanoSIM.

Can i use the same sim from my carrier after i come back from international trip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.