Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I removed my contacts icon from the home screen on iphone 8. I can still get to all my contacts from the phone app contact icon but I would like to have the icon on my home screen. Tried to download contact app but did not solve problem.

I removed my contacts icon from the home screen on my iphone 8. I can still get to my contacts through the phone app icon but would like to have the contacts icon back on my home screen. I went to app store and tried to download the contacts app but could not find a icloud image that some say I could click and fix my problem. Any suggestions on how to get the icon back on the home screen would be appreciated.

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 7:49 PM

I accidentally hit the contacts icon on my Home Screen while deleting some other apps. The icon is no longer in the library. The icon can not be found on any screen. I assume I deleted them from the iPhone but my phone app is maybe getting them from the cloud.

3 replies

Nov 22, 2022 7:33 PM in response to Really-Need-Help

“I removed my contacts icon from the home screen on my iphone 8. I can still get to my contacts through the phone app icon but would like to have the contacts icon back on my home screen. […]”

———-

Getting Contacts Back:

Use the App Library:

Swipe you finger from the left side of the screen, until you see apps listed. From there, drag the icon to the Home Screen.

Screenshot:

Nov 22, 2022 8:14 PM in response to Really-Need-Help

“I accidentally hit the contacts icon on my Home Screen while deleting some other apps. The icon is no longer in the library. The icon can not be found on any screen. I assume I deleted them from the iPhone but my phone app is maybe getting them from the cloud.”

———-

Reset the Home Screen Layout:

If widgets are not working as they should or have gone missing somehow, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout... Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support. You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there. So, write down what is currently on the Home Screen.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps bac

I removed my contacts icon from the home screen on iphone 8. I can still get to all my contacts from the phone app contact icon but I would like to have the icon on my home screen. Tried to download contact app but did not solve problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.