You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused about transferring AppleCare+

Hello. I just purchased my first MacBook pro from Ebay. The laptop comes with Applecare+ up until feb 2024. I asked the seller about it and said to contact apple, to find the right information to transfer it. Originally, I had sent him this link:

Transfer your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

I believe the MacBook came from a company called dataknox, that sells used hardware, I think? (It said it on the tracking # info) Anyways, in this situation, what do I need to transfer it over to me?

I'm guessing it's not going to be as easy as the link I posted here. And that's why I posted the message. It sounds like I might not get it considering it came from a business, instead just a single purchaser. Idk. Just seeing if someone knows what to do. thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 7:39 PM

“Confused about transferring AppleCare+: […]I'm guessing it's not going to be as easy as the link I posted here. And that's why I posted the message. It sounds like I might not get it considering it came from a business, instead just a single purchaser. Idk. Just seeing if someone knows what to do. thanks“

———-

Return this:

It seems you have been scammed, though a full-assumption, on my part. You must contact the seller, requesting a return. Without logging in to it, nothing can be done on your end. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple SupporThe seller should have known better.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2022 7:39 PM in response to Woolfy24

“Confused about transferring AppleCare+: […]I'm guessing it's not going to be as easy as the link I posted here. And that's why I posted the message. It sounds like I might not get it considering it came from a business, instead just a single purchaser. Idk. Just seeing if someone knows what to do. thanks“

———-

Return this:

It seems you have been scammed, though a full-assumption, on my part. You must contact the seller, requesting a return. Without logging in to it, nothing can be done on your end. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple SupporThe seller should have known better.

Confused about transferring AppleCare+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.