Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch ultra different models for America and Europe

I bought an apple watch ultra in America at Apple Crabtree Valley Mall. I told the seller that I was buying to use in Europe and he assured me that everything would work. However, when returning to Europe, the watch does not connect to the Telia network. The network operator explained that the reason is different models for Europe and America and I will not be able to use the networks in Europe. I have been an Apple user since 2007. I feel cheated and no one can solve this problem. The store I bought from does not respond to emails.
Maybe someone can advise me what to do? Is it possible to solve this programmatically? Where do I go for help to change my Apple to another model?
Even Apple's presentation doesn't mention anything about it. I thought it would work worldwide like the iphone. I go to another country and buy a phone sim for that country. And does the apple watch Ultra need to be bought separately for each country?
I'm asking for help.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 10:46 PM

A cellular Apple Watch is sold in the country where it should be used, due to the different LTE standards and carrier support in different countries.

Cellular service support.

To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, there are two separate cellular models for Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch Ultra. They have been optimized for use in the country of purchase, and not all models work in all countries or regions. There is no single model that supports cellular service worldwide. To see which carriers in your country or region offer cellular service for Apple Watch, refer to the chart below.

copied from: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

If you already bought the Apple Watch Ultra, you might be able to return it.

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 10:46 PM in response to valdas273

A cellular Apple Watch is sold in the country where it should be used, due to the different LTE standards and carrier support in different countries.

Cellular service support.

To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, there are two separate cellular models for Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch Ultra. They have been optimized for use in the country of purchase, and not all models work in all countries or regions. There is no single model that supports cellular service worldwide. To see which carriers in your country or region offer cellular service for Apple Watch, refer to the chart below.

copied from: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

If you already bought the Apple Watch Ultra, you might be able to return it.

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Apple watch ultra different models for America and Europe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.