Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my second sim still connecting and using cellular data if the other sim is picked for cellular data?

Hello.

I recently received an eSim as I recently moved to Germany.

I still have my Sim from Verizon in my phone, as I'd like to keep my American number tied to my phone.

In the Cellular Data setting, I have selected Telekom, the german provider. I have turned allow cellular data switching to off, default voice line to telekom.

However, if I go into the Verizon sim tab settings and turn the line on, it still tries to connect to a network. I see two cellular indicators in the top right of my device.

Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep both lines turned on, but only allow one to connect to cellular data? I would think this is what the Cellular Data menu option would do, but that seems to not be the case.

Thanks

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 4:49 AM

To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information. 

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 4:49 AM in response to Robidonxare

To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information. 

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support (IN)

Why is my second sim still connecting and using cellular data if the other sim is picked for cellular data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.