Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple no help in returning found ipad

About 6 months ago I was driving down the road in Easton Ct and an iPad flew off a couple of cars in front of me.

Amazingly the case saved the unit and is in working condition.

I called and emailed apple and left the ser# from the back of the unit and my contact info.

I also kept it plugged in so someone could use the find app

I have never had a reply so I can only assume apple doesn’t care about returning lost items and never gave the owner my info and only look for the next sale.

How hard would it be for them to contact the owner?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 10:36 AM

Apple doesn't get involved in recovering devices other than providing the Find My service which is something the owner activates. For iPhones there is a service which is run by insurance companies, I believe.

If you have found a device, turn it on and see if there's a message. The owner may have done this:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

"What happens if you activate Mark As Lost

...You can also display a custom message with your phone number on the Lock screen, and keep track of your device's location."

Otherwise turn it into authorities responsible for dealing with lost items.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Applenohelpwithfoundipad

Apple doesn't get involved in recovering devices other than providing the Find My service which is something the owner activates. For iPhones there is a service which is run by insurance companies, I believe.

If you have found a device, turn it on and see if there's a message. The owner may have done this:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

"What happens if you activate Mark As Lost

...You can also display a custom message with your phone number on the Lock screen, and keep track of your device's location."

Otherwise turn it into authorities responsible for dealing with lost items.

Apple no help in returning found ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.