Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I only have 2 authorized computers and

I am not able to authorize my new mac as I'm being told I have 5 computers assigned to this apple ID. I do not, I only have 3

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 1:04 PM

Note that there is a difference between authorized computers and associated devices. Authorization vs. association - Apple Community

Deauthorize All computers and then authorize any computers (not iPhones, iPads, etc) that you still have and want to use. See instructions below from Authorization vs. association - Apple Community

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app.
  2. Choose Account > Account Settings.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 1:04 PM in response to DowlingE82

Note that there is a difference between authorized computers and associated devices. Authorization vs. association - Apple Community

Deauthorize All computers and then authorize any computers (not iPhones, iPads, etc) that you still have and want to use. See instructions below from Authorization vs. association - Apple Community

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app.
  2. Choose Account > Account Settings.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

I only have 2 authorized computers and

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.