Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13p bluetooth Mac-studio not supported

Brand new studio and I cannot connect my 13p to use the camera features in Ventura. I have two mouse units connected fine. The 13p just keeps telling me "Mac-studio not supported".

Everybody is on the same network and family sharing is on. Sometimes it will connect for a few seconds then drops. Same message again, Mac-studio not supported.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 3:20 PM

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a Mac is not supported.

If you want to use your iPhone as a webcam, bluetooth must be turned on but the devices are not paired. See instructions in Use your iPhone as a webcam on your Mac - Apple Support

For other uses, see the following:

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information:  Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 3:20 PM in response to ratskiss

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a Mac is not supported.

If you want to use your iPhone as a webcam, bluetooth must be turned on but the devices are not paired. See instructions in Use your iPhone as a webcam on your Mac - Apple Support

For other uses, see the following:

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information:  Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

iPhone 13p bluetooth Mac-studio not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.