Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro A1278 Installation Issues?

Hi,

I am trying to install a fresh installation on a blank SSD in this Macbook Pro. I am doing this for a client so that they can resell it.

When doing the "Command R" option I get the Internet recovery mode. 

Everytime I try it asked for an Apple ID. I do not get the option to do this later.

So, I made a new apple ID. It does not accept this ID. I take it that this is because I just made it and will have to wait at least 24 hours?

I was also trying to install from a USB. But it will not offer this as an option. I used this YouTube video to make the USB n Windows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS8YO10Sc2E 

It would be easiest if I could postpone using an Apple ID, but I will take any suggestions that work.

Thanks,

John

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 5:37 PM

1. Command + R usually enters the Recovery environment. However, If you manage to erase the Recovery partition, macOS will download a factory image of the software and install it to the drive.
  2. An Apple ID isn't required to use any Apple product; you should be able to skip this step; if you see a screen for Activation Lock, you will need to contact the original owner of the Mac to remove it from their Apple ID.
  3. After a fresh install, try resetting PRAM and NVRAM (Option-Command-P-R)

Hope this helps!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 5:37 PM in response to PCRuns

1. Command + R usually enters the Recovery environment. However, If you manage to erase the Recovery partition, macOS will download a factory image of the software and install it to the drive.
  2. An Apple ID isn't required to use any Apple product; you should be able to skip this step; if you see a screen for Activation Lock, you will need to contact the original owner of the Mac to remove it from their Apple ID.
  3. After a fresh install, try resetting PRAM and NVRAM (Option-Command-P-R)

Hope this helps!

Macbook Pro A1278 Installation Issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.