Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos help

Hello, I recently upgraded to Ventura OS and now my photos library can’t seem to finish syncing with iCloud. My photos library is over 200gb. I have tried rebooting, disabling and reenabling iCloud option. It has been syncing for days. Appreciate any help!

kim

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 11:43 PM

skicolojump wrote:

I have tried rebooting, disabling and reenabling iCloud option. It has been syncing for days. ....
kim

When you disable and reenable the iCloud option, the library will just need longer to sync, because the download will start over from scratch. iCloud will upload the complete library again from your Mac to iCloud and merge it into the existing library, and only then download the library again to your Mac.

My library has roughly the same size as yours, and the first syncing after the Ventura upgrade took more than two weeks; iCloud downloaded an average of 2000 photos per day. Just be patient and let it run, unless you are seeing messages in the status bar below "All Photos" indicating a problem, for example "..items on this Mac only" or "unable to upload". Such items need to be removed. See: Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

If all your photos and videos are already in iCloud, and you are severely sure, that all items are in iCloud, you can avoid the lengthy new upload and just download the library from iCloud to a new, empty library.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 11:43 PM in response to skicolojump

skicolojump wrote:

I have tried rebooting, disabling and reenabling iCloud option. It has been syncing for days. ....
kim

When you disable and reenable the iCloud option, the library will just need longer to sync, because the download will start over from scratch. iCloud will upload the complete library again from your Mac to iCloud and merge it into the existing library, and only then download the library again to your Mac.

My library has roughly the same size as yours, and the first syncing after the Ventura upgrade took more than two weeks; iCloud downloaded an average of 2000 photos per day. Just be patient and let it run, unless you are seeing messages in the status bar below "All Photos" indicating a problem, for example "..items on this Mac only" or "unable to upload". Such items need to be removed. See: Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

If all your photos and videos are already in iCloud, and you are severely sure, that all items are in iCloud, you can avoid the lengthy new upload and just download the library from iCloud to a new, empty library.

Photos help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.