Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the IOS16 didnt show on my software update.

Very Strange, but I have only software update to 15.7, and I didn’t see the option to update a IOS 16.. I have iPhone11.. and already my friends got 16.. but not me. Okay.. I waited a longer time, bet there we now, have a update but it’s 15.7.1…. Can I somehow update IOS16?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 12:46 AM

This may work:

Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable - Apple Support

..If your iPhone came with a USB-C to Lightning Cable and your computer has a USB port, use a Lightning to USB Cable (sold separately). The first time you connect the devices, select Trust when asked on iPhone whether to trust this computer. (See the Apple Support article About the 'Trust This Computer' alert .) Do any of the following..

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available. To turn off automatic updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates. Update using your computer Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable. Do one of the following

When you haven't a PC or Mac, an idea would be use public library. Or contact an AASP or Apple store genius;

and arrange for help to check the phone, and see if it needs extra steps. Service charges may apply.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 12:46 AM in response to agnese34

This may work:

Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable - Apple Support

..If your iPhone came with a USB-C to Lightning Cable and your computer has a USB port, use a Lightning to USB Cable (sold separately). The first time you connect the devices, select Trust when asked on iPhone whether to trust this computer. (See the Apple Support article About the 'Trust This Computer' alert .) Do any of the following..

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available. To turn off automatic updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates. Update using your computer Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable. Do one of the following

When you haven't a PC or Mac, an idea would be use public library. Or contact an AASP or Apple store genius;

and arrange for help to check the phone, and see if it needs extra steps. Service charges may apply.

the IOS16 didnt show on my software update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.