Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder moving between desktops

Dear community,

Why does Finder move from desktop to desktop on MacOS Ventura.

After the update it does that all the time and it is rather frustrating.

Not using stage manager yet - afraid to start using it with issues as such, I prefer good old desktops (years ago we used to call them spaces). If I have a finder window at say "desktop 2" I want it to stay there, not follow me around in whichever desktop I use.

How does it stop?

Thank you!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 8:37 AM

EDIT: of course, dialabrain beat me to it :-)

It is up to you to decide how you want Finder, or any other application, to behave.

Click and hold the Dock icon, and then under Options you can choose "All Desktops" (which, by your description, seems to be selected, "None", or "Desktop on Display n" (if you have more than one display) or "This Desktop" (if you have just one display with multiple Spaces).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 8:37 AM in response to MarcusAntoniusMg

EDIT: of course, dialabrain beat me to it :-)

It is up to you to decide how you want Finder, or any other application, to behave.

Click and hold the Dock icon, and then under Options you can choose "All Desktops" (which, by your description, seems to be selected, "None", or "Desktop on Display n" (if you have more than one display) or "This Desktop" (if you have just one display with multiple Spaces).

Finder moving between desktops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.