Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use AOL email which shows up in the "envelope" mail on my desktop. I use Time Machine, backed up on SanDisc Extreme SSD.

I use AOL email which is viewed via the apple mail "envelope" on my MacBook Pro 2019 (?)

I use Time Machine , backed up on SanDisc Extreme SSD.

Accidently deleted emails in mid November, 2022 via mail.aol.com which deleted my emails on iPhone, iPad and this laptop. I can open all the folders but where is my email?? HELP PLEASE.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 11:14 AM

myrnabw wrote:

I use AOL email which is viewed via the apple mail "envelope" on my MacBook Pro 2019 (?)

Accidently deleted emails in mid November, 2022 via mail.aol.com which deleted my emails on iPhone, iPad and this laptop. I can open all the folders but where is my email?? HELP PLEASE.

If you deleted emails I suspect they are deleted..

However—I have no idea what this means [ apple mail "envelope" on my MacBook Pro...]

or this in comparison [ in the "envelope" mail on my desktop ]

if you are using the Mail.app and have an issue with a specific account—

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable:

“Protect Mail Activity” /

“Hide IP address” /

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back

ref: Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

if no resolve—For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

If you have problem account, the go to way to sort issues is delete the account and add it back in

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 11:14 AM in response to myrnabw

myrnabw wrote:

If you deleted emails I suspect they are deleted..

However—I have no idea what this means [ apple mail "envelope" on my MacBook Pro...]

or this in comparison [ in the "envelope" mail on my desktop ]

if you are using the Mail.app and have an issue with a specific account—

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable:

“Protect Mail Activity” /

“Hide IP address” /

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back

ref: Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

if no resolve—For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

If you have problem account, the go to way to sort issues is delete the account and add it back in

Nov 24, 2022 2:33 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you Leroy. "envelope" = the mail icon on my doc. The mails in question were deleted around Nov 14, so they must still be in the TimeMachine on the earlier backups.

You can tell I've never used this forum before and am NOT computer savy at all . . .IMAP?? POP?? no idea what they are and I'm ok with that. just want those silly emails I deleted. Happy Thanksgiving to you .

I use AOL email which shows up in the "envelope" mail on my desktop. I use Time Machine, backed up on SanDisc Extreme SSD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.