You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone security lockout

i know my password. my toddler locked me out of my cell using too many wrong passwords. it now says security lockout. How can I put in the correct password without erasing my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 11:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 11:23 AM

Unfortunately, it’s too late for that.

Your only option is to reset the device (completely erasing it) and restoring from a backup.

You WILL need your AppleID credentials.

See:

How to remove your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch passcode without a computer – Apple Support (AU)

Note that if your iOS is earlier than 15.2, you’ll additionally need a cable and computer to follow the steps linked at the bottom of the article.

Going forward, suggest you consider using Guided Access before handing an unlocked iPhone to anyone.

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2022 11:23 AM in response to jackie315

Unfortunately, it’s too late for that.

Your only option is to reset the device (completely erasing it) and restoring from a backup.

You WILL need your AppleID credentials.

See:

How to remove your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch passcode without a computer – Apple Support (AU)

Note that if your iOS is earlier than 15.2, you’ll additionally need a cable and computer to follow the steps linked at the bottom of the article.

Going forward, suggest you consider using Guided Access before handing an unlocked iPhone to anyone.

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhone security lockout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.