Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using my credit card for purchase

I have my own Appleid and my granddaughter has hers. I want to add my credit card to her account. The system said “credit card belongs to another Appleid” of course it does. Why can’t I add it to my granddaughters account. She is not capable of getting a credit card and is totally dependent upon me for support.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 12:31 PM

Why can’t I add it to my granddaughters account.

Because it is not possible to use a credit card for 2 accounts OR you can set up Family Sharing.

You can buy an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card for her, so she can use her Apple ID balance as payment method.

See -> How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

See -> Check your gift card balance

Check your gift card balance - Apple Support

OR on your iPhone -> Tap App Store -> tap your profile (top right corner of the screen).

Or see -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 12:31 PM in response to Grammyof18

Why can’t I add it to my granddaughters account.

Because it is not possible to use a credit card for 2 accounts OR you can set up Family Sharing.

You can buy an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card for her, so she can use her Apple ID balance as payment method.

See -> How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

See -> Check your gift card balance

Check your gift card balance - Apple Support

OR on your iPhone -> Tap App Store -> tap your profile (top right corner of the screen).

Or see -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

Using my credit card for purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.