Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch ultra

My question is if my Apple watch ultra is got stolen, can i track it through my IMEI number even if it turned off ?

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 4:07 PM

6 replies

Nov 24, 2022 4:53 PM in response to Ani_23

Ani_23 wrote:

Even cops cannot find it through IMEI if i raise a complaint in police station. Because it is a costly device.

Tracking via serial number or IMEI (without permission of the device holder) would be a massively misused, with theft, personal injury, and much worse likely resulting from that. This would involve tracking by abusive exes, thieves, and other miscreants and maliciously-inclined folks.

Most miscreants will shut down and/or keep a found or stolen device offline, or will attempt to phish the Apple ID credentials, as most would prefer to avoid capture and incarceration.

If police do take up the case, they may have additional avenues with the carrier.

Though again, miscreants wishing to remain free would typically prefer not to be tracked or trackable.

Apple Watch Ultra is a cellular device, so report it to the carrier for blacklisting.

Tracking by IMEI is not an option available outside of a carrier. Nor by serial number, more generally.

Apple watch ultra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.