Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost playlists

After upgrading to Ventura from Catalina on my MacBook Pro I have lost my playlists in the Music app, all of the music is there but no playlists. I don't have a Music subscription and manually synch my music to my iphone, the playlists are still on the iphone because I haven't synched since updating the OS. Is there any way to recover the playlists or get them off the iPhone back onto the Mac?

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 8:29 PM

First try hovering to right of the word Playlists in the sidebar and if you see the word Show, click it.

If that hasn't helped see Empty/corrupt iTunes/Music library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community. It may be that Music has made a backup of the database during the upgrade that you can restore, or there may be a .tmp file inside the .musiclibrary package that is a more complete version of your library. An alternative approach might be to sign up for Apple Music on your iPhone so that it can upload your playlists from the device which would then show up in your library.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 8:29 PM in response to ssrip

First try hovering to right of the word Playlists in the sidebar and if you see the word Show, click it.

If that hasn't helped see Empty/corrupt iTunes/Music library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community. It may be that Music has made a backup of the database during the upgrade that you can restore, or there may be a .tmp file inside the .musiclibrary package that is a more complete version of your library. An alternative approach might be to sign up for Apple Music on your iPhone so that it can upload your playlists from the device which would then show up in your library.

tt2

lost playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.