Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All photos from August 2022 to present are missing from Icloud

All photos from August 2022 to present are missing from Icloud on my Macbook Pro

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 12:24 AM

All photos from August 2022 to present are missing from iCloud on Macbook Pro despite photos on my Iphone have been synchronised to iCloud. Iphone has 2TB while Macbook Pro 5GB. Could it be the case that the storage on my Macbook Pro has to be upgraded to 2TB as well to accommodate the large amount of photos? Different Apple devices carry different storage capacities?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2022 12:24 AM in response to aisincourtlaw

All photos from August 2022 to present are missing from iCloud on Macbook Pro despite photos on my Iphone have been synchronised to iCloud. Iphone has 2TB while Macbook Pro 5GB. Could it be the case that the storage on my Macbook Pro has to be upgraded to 2TB as well to accommodate the large amount of photos? Different Apple devices carry different storage capacities?

Nov 25, 2022 6:17 AM in response to aisincourtlaw

If you have only 5GB of space left on your Mac it's unlikely much would sync. Yes, your devices may have different hard drives depending on what you ordered at purchase. iPhones with 2TB of internal storage are newer whereas some Macs have offered 2TB for some time.

Based on the sizes 5GB and 2TB, you might actually be referencing iCloud storage. iCloud storage is connected to your Apple ID, not to a device. Provided you've logged into the same Apple ID, the storage is shared and all syncing will work between devices.

Nov 25, 2022 4:51 PM in response to muguy

Thank you so much for the advice.

Icloud storage was upgraded to 2TB on 22 July this year. Iphone photos and videos stopped uploading to Icloud right afterwards. There is 1.3TB still available.

I have just transferred data from old iphone to new one. All old iphone photos and videos have been successfully transferred. They are uptodate. That indicates photos/videos between July and present are still somewhere in Icloud, otherwise the transfer would not have happened. But it is odd that photos and videos of the last five months are not showing when Icloud is opened.

Cheers

All photos from August 2022 to present are missing from Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.