Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP G5 Dock connection

Recently my company sent me a HP G5 USB C dock to use for work laptop (HP laptop). I have Macbook Pro M1 Max 14 in laptop and two 4k monitors that I am trying to connect for my personal use. Currently when I connect, the monitor displays are mirrored and I know why given some of the answers on the internet. However, I have found that when I connect USB C from One of the monitors directly to my Macbook Pro, then connect other monitor to dock directly using the DisplayPort, I can get it to work. My concern is that would having 1 USB C cable from Dock and 1 USB C cable directly from monitor connected to my Macbook cause any kind of Damage?

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 10:30 AM

No damage whatsoever.

The Mac supports a maximum of two daisy chained displays, ONLY on a genuine Thunderbolt cable to a genuine Thunderbolt device (display or dock). The Mac does not support multiple displays on a USB cable.

Similar questions

1 reply

HP G5 Dock connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.