Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Macbook Air

Issues with the M1 Macbook Air Hinge?

Hi,

Like other people on this forum I had heard a cracking sound on my macbook air hinge, but didn't really think much of it because I didn't notice any issues and thought it was maybe my computer protector cracking.

Low and behold but I notice a part of my hinge coming out of of the top of my computer. I have an appointment with the Genius bar tomorrow but I need my computer for the next couple of weeks and as a result can't have it sent away for repairs.

Anyone know if they can fix this in store or does it have to be sent away?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 2:19 AM

Hello!

First, I'm sorry to hear about the hardware issue you've experienced with your MacBook Air. However, unfortunately, this is a customer forum, and we don't have any knowledge of the available repair options for your MacBook Air.

Contacting Apple may help: Apple Support.

-Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 2:19 AM in response to macbookair_2020

Hello!

First, I'm sorry to hear about the hardware issue you've experienced with your MacBook Air. However, unfortunately, this is a customer forum, and we don't have any knowledge of the available repair options for your MacBook Air.

Contacting Apple may help: Apple Support.

-Jack

M1 Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.