Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam texts about my lost iPhone?

My phone was lost or stolen two months ago in France. Today I received 2 texts ten minutes apart. One was to see where it had been found and the second that said someone had tried to reset my password. Two different links were there for me to use. I didn't as I don't think these are true links to Apple Support. Any help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 12:07 PM

No matter what it says, Apple does not ever send such messages. Those were sent by the thief. They hope you'll give them your user ID and password so they can release your account from the phone and erase it as new.

3 replies

Nov 26, 2022 7:30 AM in response to susubarton

Congratulations on being alert to this scam! You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Scam texts about my lost iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.