Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone contacted me about stolen iPhone

Is this possible or is it a scam. Message first came in French. I lost my iPhone in France. Then after a couple of hours came in English and asked to send a read receipt. It was also Asking if I am the owner and to type yes. When I did I got a call from the United States which I didn’t pick up

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 6:55 PM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2023 7:20 PM in response to katarzyna270

katarzyna270 Siad:

"Someone contacted me about stolen iPhone: Is this possible or is it a scam. Message first came in French. I lost my iPhone in France. Then after a couple of hours came in English and asked to send a read receipt. It was also Asking if I am the owner and to type yes. When I did I got a call from the United States which I didn’t pick up"

-------

This is a Phishing Scam Message.

Report this Scam Message:

If it looks official, yet you are skeptical of it, then report it to Apple, and to your federal government (if desired).  Do as I've instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tips.

Someone contacted me about stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.