Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone

Hello, I had my iPhone XS Max stolen in uk a month ago, I have done all the procedures after this. After some days I received text messages saying that my phone was found, I then search for information and found out that was phishing I reported to apple.

Today I received an email from findmy and thought that would be again phishing but it was from apple that my device was found in Dubai! Not sure what I can do now?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 3:43 AM

Hello, I am so sorry this happened to you. My iPhone was stolen on 15th march in central London, Covent Garden to be precise. By a man pretending to be homeless and had a A4 size paper note saying homeless and hungry. In the midst of me looking for change to give him he placed the note on our table where mine and my friends phones were on the table and swiped it.

Several days ago I received text messages saying phone found I deleted and blocked the senders. I too received location in Dubai and yesterday received an email from Apple saying find my iPhone has been activated. I did not click the link I logged in to find my iPhone on my laptop and it said the same, that lost mode had been activated and location is in Dubai. I have just been on the phone to Apple and they have said although not common practice for them to send emails, the emails in fact are legit as it was noreply@apple.email.com. We went through screen sharing and the advisor told me that all looks legit and find my iPhone was activated. Apart from that there was nothing else he could do. Devastation is an understatement. I hope we will be reunited with our phones.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 3:43 AM in response to Janesilva

Hello, I am so sorry this happened to you. My iPhone was stolen on 15th march in central London, Covent Garden to be precise. By a man pretending to be homeless and had a A4 size paper note saying homeless and hungry. In the midst of me looking for change to give him he placed the note on our table where mine and my friends phones were on the table and swiped it.

Several days ago I received text messages saying phone found I deleted and blocked the senders. I too received location in Dubai and yesterday received an email from Apple saying find my iPhone has been activated. I did not click the link I logged in to find my iPhone on my laptop and it said the same, that lost mode had been activated and location is in Dubai. I have just been on the phone to Apple and they have said although not common practice for them to send emails, the emails in fact are legit as it was noreply@apple.email.com. We went through screen sharing and the advisor told me that all looks legit and find my iPhone was activated. Apart from that there was nothing else he could do. Devastation is an understatement. I hope we will be reunited with our phones.

Mar 6, 2022 2:21 PM in response to Janesilva

Apple will not send you an email stating that your iPhone has been found. Apple does not get involved in stolen devices. This is a phishing attempt as well. If you hover over the email Find My, you will find that it is not really from Apple. Ignore it and you can forward it to Apple as an Attachment using the information here, Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Mar 12, 2022 3:55 AM in response to Janesilva

Hi, I’m having almost the same issue right now. I think before do anything you should speak with apple (on phone or in the nearest apple store). My phone was stolen one week ago in Spain, I noticed it and turned it to lost mode. Since then they won’t stop scamming my emergency contacts. The most scary thing about this, that yesterday my boyfriend got a message in which also my full name was stated.... I reported it to police officers (in spain and in my home country). Somehow they figured out my name, and tried to scare me, but I guess they’re still unable to unlock it. I feel with you, good luck!

Stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.