You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracking Notifications app on iPhone and iPad

Any updates on this “unknown app”?!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 1:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 11:43 AM

Hi flyawaay,

Are you referring to receiving an alert that an unknown accessory is moving or found near you?

If so, check your settings with the steps below found in the article here: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you

"Unwanted tracking

If any AirTag, AirPods, or other Find My network accessory separated from its owner is seen moving with you over time, you'll be notified in one of two ways. These features were created specifically to discourage people from trying to track you without your knowledge.

1. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Find My will send a notification to your Apple device. This feature is available on iOS or iPadOS 14.5 or later. To receive alerts, make sure that you:
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and turn Location Services on.
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. Turn Find My iPhone on.
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. Turn Significant Locations on to be notified when you arrive at a significant location, such as your home. 
    • Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn Bluetooth on. 
    • Go to the Find My app, tap the Me tab, and turn Tracking Notifications on.
    • Turn off airplane mode. If your device is in airplane mode, you won't receive tracking notifications.

2. If you don't have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, an AirTag that isn't with its owner for a period of time will emit a sound when it's moved. This type of notification isn't supported with AirPods.

If you detect an unknown AirTag, Find My network accessory, or AirPods, use the steps below to learn about it, find it, and disable it. If you're using an Android device, you can download the Tracker Detect app to find an AirTag or Find My network accessory that's separated from its owner and might be traveling with you."

You can also find helpful information in the section "If you see an alert" from the same article. If this isn't the issue provide more details about where and when you're seeing this on your iPhone. We'll be happy to continue to assist.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2022 11:43 AM in response to flyawaay

Hi flyawaay,

Are you referring to receiving an alert that an unknown accessory is moving or found near you?

If so, check your settings with the steps below found in the article here: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you

"Unwanted tracking

If any AirTag, AirPods, or other Find My network accessory separated from its owner is seen moving with you over time, you'll be notified in one of two ways. These features were created specifically to discourage people from trying to track you without your knowledge.

1. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Find My will send a notification to your Apple device. This feature is available on iOS or iPadOS 14.5 or later. To receive alerts, make sure that you:
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and turn Location Services on.
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. Turn Find My iPhone on.
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. Turn Significant Locations on to be notified when you arrive at a significant location, such as your home. 
    • Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn Bluetooth on. 
    • Go to the Find My app, tap the Me tab, and turn Tracking Notifications on.
    • Turn off airplane mode. If your device is in airplane mode, you won't receive tracking notifications.

2. If you don't have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, an AirTag that isn't with its owner for a period of time will emit a sound when it's moved. This type of notification isn't supported with AirPods.

If you detect an unknown AirTag, Find My network accessory, or AirPods, use the steps below to learn about it, find it, and disable it. If you're using an Android device, you can download the Tracker Detect app to find an AirTag or Find My network accessory that's separated from its owner and might be traveling with you."

You can also find helpful information in the section "If you see an alert" from the same article. If this isn't the issue provide more details about where and when you're seeing this on your iPhone. We'll be happy to continue to assist.

Cheers.

Tracking Notifications app on iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.