Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages used to open all documents that were open when the app was closed

Pages--used to, not long ago, open ALL documents I had open when I closed the app--NO MORE--now there is only a short list of previous--how can I reset to open all documents automatically?

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 9:04 AM

These are options in System Preferences not in Pages preferences & affect all applications. In Monterey or earlier go to System Preferences > General & uncheck the "close windows…" box & set the number of recent items to show. I know that System Preferences has changed in Ventura but I don't have a Mac with Ventura to see what the changes are.

Unfortunately, so many times when system updates are applied many settings are changed.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 9:04 AM in response to bbaxis

These are options in System Preferences not in Pages preferences & affect all applications. In Monterey or earlier go to System Preferences > General & uncheck the "close windows…" box & set the number of recent items to show. I know that System Preferences has changed in Ventura but I don't have a Mac with Ventura to see what the changes are.

Unfortunately, so many times when system updates are applied many settings are changed.

Pages used to open all documents that were open when the app was closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.