Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have upgraded from Catalina to Ventura. How do I retrieve the Mailboxes and emails that were previously On My Mac? I know that over 10,000 messages were transferred to Mail, but I cannot find the Mailboxes that were previously in On My Mac.

I have upgraded from Catalina to Ventura. How do I retrieve the Mailboxes and emails that were previously located in On My Mac in Catalina? I know that over 10,000 messages were transferred to Mail in Ventura, but I cannot find the Mailboxes that were previously in On My Mac in Catalina.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 10:23 AM

jhenemark-tucson wrote:

I have upgraded from Catalina to Ventura. How do I retrieve the Mailboxes and emails that were previously located in On My Mac in Catalina? I know that over 10,000 messages were transferred to Mail in Ventura, but I cannot find the Mailboxes that were previously in On My Mac in Catalina.

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device - Apple Support

do you have an On My Mac category— is it a matter of moving your mouse to the right side and spinning the carrot(?)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 10:23 AM in response to jhenemark-tucson

jhenemark-tucson wrote:

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device - Apple Support

do you have an On My Mac category— is it a matter of moving your mouse to the right side and spinning the carrot(?)

I have upgraded from Catalina to Ventura. How do I retrieve the Mailboxes and emails that were previously On My Mac? I know that over 10,000 messages were transferred to Mail, but I cannot find the Mailboxes that were previously in On My Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.