Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble with my Mac. When I turn it on it says support.Apple.com/Mac/startup?

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 2:12 AM

Hello!

A folder with a flashing question mark means that your startup disk is no longer available or doesn't contain a working Mac operating system.

From If your Mac starts up to a question mark - Apple Support,

If the question mark is persistent, and your Mac does not start up normally:

1 - Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
Every Mac has a power button. On notebook computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.
2 - Use Disk Utility to repair your startup disk. Follow the steps for a Mac with an Intel processor.
3 - If Disk Utility found no errors or repaired all errors, reinstall macOS.
4 - If you still need help, please contact Apple Support.

Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 2:12 AM in response to SaraWerkee92

Hello!

A folder with a flashing question mark means that your startup disk is no longer available or doesn't contain a working Mac operating system.

From If your Mac starts up to a question mark - Apple Support,

If the question mark is persistent, and your Mac does not start up normally:

1 - Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
Every Mac has a power button. On notebook computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.
2 - Use Disk Utility to repair your startup disk. Follow the steps for a Mac with an Intel processor.
3 - If Disk Utility found no errors or repaired all errors, reinstall macOS.
4 - If you still need help, please contact Apple Support.

Jack

I am having trouble with my Mac. When I turn it on it says support.Apple.com/Mac/startup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.