Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error code -16913

I wanna listen song “bad guy” Billie Eilish, but Apple Music gave me error -16913 and I don’t know what does it mean :(

help me pls

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 7:41 AM

I’ve been having this issue too and have had no luck finding anything official as to what this code actually means.

Now, after reading several posts on the topic and what others have been experiencing compared to what I’m experiencing, I’ve come to the conclusion that error [-16913] is a connectivity issue when streaming from Apple Music. I don’t know this for certain but it seems the most logical. I have sketchy cell service at work and no access to WiFi and this is where I experience this error. I don’t experience it at home on my WiFi or anywhere else with strong cell service/WiFi. When I had this issue this morning, I decided to experiment and relocate to a place that gives me one more bar (I only had one bar at this point, so I went up to two bars) and the song began to play. The reason the error stops when you download is because you’re no longer streaming the music.

This is the first question to pop up when I searched the error so I wanted to respond here in hopes that it helps anyone else.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 7:41 AM in response to MaksAppleUser

I’ve been having this issue too and have had no luck finding anything official as to what this code actually means.

Now, after reading several posts on the topic and what others have been experiencing compared to what I’m experiencing, I’ve come to the conclusion that error [-16913] is a connectivity issue when streaming from Apple Music. I don’t know this for certain but it seems the most logical. I have sketchy cell service at work and no access to WiFi and this is where I experience this error. I don’t experience it at home on my WiFi or anywhere else with strong cell service/WiFi. When I had this issue this morning, I decided to experiment and relocate to a place that gives me one more bar (I only had one bar at this point, so I went up to two bars) and the song began to play. The reason the error stops when you download is because you’re no longer streaming the music.

This is the first question to pop up when I searched the error so I wanted to respond here in hopes that it helps anyone else.

Nov 27, 2022 6:25 PM in response to MaksAppleUser

Hello MaksAppleUser,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with an error in Apple Music. Have you tried restarting your iPhone? This simple step resolves a multitude of issues: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

"How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later

Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

If that doesn't resolve the issue, does your iPhone need updating to iOS 16.1? Do you have a recent backup for the data in your iPhone in iCloud or your computer? If not, we recommend that you create one as described here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then update your iOS as outlined here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Error code -16913

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.