Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Watch (Series 3) seems stuck on Apple logo.

My Series 3 Apple Watch seems stuck on Apple logo. Occasionally blinks, but doesn't change.

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 9:32 AM

6 replies

Nov 28, 2022 9:45 PM in response to barganscouts

Exactly! And, even worse, the Phone Apple service sent me to the Genius Bar, diagnosed as “boot loop.” Naturally, the Genius immediately walked me over to sales with the diagnosis that, since it was well out of warranty, one option was it could be sent away and replaced with the same older model for $169. I’m completely addicted to my watch, so I upgraded to the SE.

Is this a “bait and switch” from beloved Apple?

Thanks for your answer and commiseration.

Nov 29, 2022 2:05 PM in response to JJRASC

I tried all the steps, then I called support who couldn't fix the issue. I was then referred to the Genius Bar. There, I was informed immediately that a watch with a "boot loop" could not be fixed. My options were to send it to an Apple repair shop where it would be replaced for $160+ or purchase a new watch. Additionally, my watch had $0 trade in value.

Seems to me that Apple knew that this software update would force the watch to fail, and this would force me to purchase a new watch.

I think Apple should apologize and pay $160 towards the purchase of a new watch.

My Watch (Series 3) seems stuck on Apple logo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.