Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to go from face tile to full photo

How to go from face tile to full photo in Photo? Just clicking on it doesn't seem to work anymore. I just brings up a larger photo of the face tile.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 11:20 AM

When I choose People and a person, I get a mosaic of photos with the person (and Show More). If I click, it selects. If I double click, it brings the full picture to full screen. I have "Photos" chosen on upper right, but it works the same for "Faces" choice. Like you, I'm running Monterey.

4 replies

Nov 26, 2022 1:27 PM in response to Emhon

The first click should only show a selection to allow you to select more than one of the images. Once selected, you can double-click or hit space bar to expand it to a screen view, or you can hit return to edit. I never get a big blurry face image, though I can see it blow up to a bigger face and then quickly pop into the full image as it loads it. This might take longer to happen if you are saving space by keeping only lower resolution images on your mac. Are you using iCloud? Do you have "Optimize Mac Storage" checked in Preferences>iCloud?

How to go from face tile to full photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.