Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get into old iCloud

Hi I recently had an issue with my old phone which resulted in me having to get a new one. I tried to log into my last I iCloud but I forgot the password to my old iCloud and the number in my iCloud unfortunately was old I was really hoping that I could get some help on getting into my old iCloud please.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 6:55 PM

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

If you have changed your password, have you followed the steps in this article on all devices/computers? 

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *

If you can get a code and sign in, you need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 6:55 PM in response to emani149

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

If you have changed your password, have you followed the steps in this article on all devices/computers? 

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *

If you can get a code and sign in, you need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

Nov 26, 2022 8:00 PM in response to emani149

Account recovery is your best option to regain access to an old account that you no longer have a trusted device linked to. I have the steps saved to guide you through the process.

“ACCOUNT RECOVERY”

Go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID and hit continue. Next, enter your old number that it gives you the last two digits of on the screen. It will say it sent a verification code to that number. At the bottom in blue hit don’t have access to devices. On the next screen choose can’t use these options in blue at bottom. Next you will get a message asking you to continue anyway, hit that and go to next screen. Then it should say it’s sending a code to that old number, hit don’t use this number anymore in blue. Then it will either let you input your new number or send a verification code to your email address. Go through those steps on screen and hit continue. Lastly, it will ask you to verify your credit card information on your account. If you don’t have that card information then just chose that option in blue and hit continue. Once the process is complete the message on the screen will say Apple will contact you with more details in 24 hours via that new number you entered or via email. At this point you just have to wait on further instructions.

Get into old iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.