Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i turn backups option back on after deleting?

if i deleted and turned off backups because it’s taking too much space in my icloud+ will everything that’s backed up be gone or what’s gonna happen?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 5:16 PM

If you delete the backup, that has no effect on the data that is on the device. If you turn backups off, and if you delete the backups, you have nothing to restore if something goes wrong and you have to erase or factory reset the device.

If the backup is taking up too much space, you might want to consider purchasing more iCloud storage. You can read about that here.

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

If you don’t want to purchase more space, you need to manage your iCloud storage in order to be below the 5 free GB of storage that Apple gives you.

See this for help.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 5:16 PM in response to elleeee1243

If you delete the backup, that has no effect on the data that is on the device. If you turn backups off, and if you delete the backups, you have nothing to restore if something goes wrong and you have to erase or factory reset the device.

If the backup is taking up too much space, you might want to consider purchasing more iCloud storage. You can read about that here.

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

If you don’t want to purchase more space, you need to manage your iCloud storage in order to be below the 5 free GB of storage that Apple gives you.

See this for help.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

can i turn backups option back on after deleting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.