Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate tracks on Music App

I accidentally downloaded my entire music library from my old Mac and now all my tracks are duplicates. How can I erase one version of these? Delete all and download all 4,500 tracks again? Thank you.

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 1:51 PM

Hi elmerfromlanham,

While there are utilities built into Music for Mac or iTunes to identify and remove duplicates (Find duplicate items in Music on Mac), this utility is not present on Music for iPhone. The simplest solution with a library that large will be to follow your instinct and remove all tracks and re-sync your library to the device. On the iPhone you can go to Settings-General-iPhone storage-Music, swipe left on "All Songs" to display a delete option to clear the current iPhone library storage to make the process faster.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 1:51 PM in response to elmerfromlanham

Hi elmerfromlanham,

While there are utilities built into Music for Mac or iTunes to identify and remove duplicates (Find duplicate items in Music on Mac), this utility is not present on Music for iPhone. The simplest solution with a library that large will be to follow your instinct and remove all tracks and re-sync your library to the device. On the iPhone you can go to Settings-General-iPhone storage-Music, swipe left on "All Songs" to display a delete option to clear the current iPhone library storage to make the process faster.

Regards.

Duplicate tracks on Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.