Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

conversion

How do I convert my itunes purchased songs to MP3 files so I can move them to an MP3 player?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 2:42 AM

Most modern MP3 players should be able to play Apple's M4a (AAC) songs. Note though, that you cannot convert or add any songs to another player if they came from an Apple Music subscription or if they are in the cloud.

If you do have songs that need converting, first of all you need to check (and possibly change) a setting in iTunes. Go to Edit / Preferences / General > Import Settings / Import Using: and change the drop down option to MP3 Encoder. I know this appears to be used for importing from CD, but it also affects the conversion feature.

Once that setting is as required, select them in iTunes and tap on File / Convert / MP3 Version. Note that this creates an additional copy of the song - you will have both the original and the converted versions in your Library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 2:42 AM in response to MissingsongsonIpod

Most modern MP3 players should be able to play Apple's M4a (AAC) songs. Note though, that you cannot convert or add any songs to another player if they came from an Apple Music subscription or if they are in the cloud.

If you do have songs that need converting, first of all you need to check (and possibly change) a setting in iTunes. Go to Edit / Preferences / General > Import Settings / Import Using: and change the drop down option to MP3 Encoder. I know this appears to be used for importing from CD, but it also affects the conversion feature.

Once that setting is as required, select them in iTunes and tap on File / Convert / MP3 Version. Note that this creates an additional copy of the song - you will have both the original and the converted versions in your Library.

conversion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.