Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Mouse Moving the Opposite Way, iPadOS 16

Hi,

After upgrading to iPadOS 16, my bluetooth mouse (both) are moving the opposite way. It’s not the scrolling direction but moving in the Y axis moves the cursor on the X axis and vice versa. Anyone with the same problem?

thanks

Matt

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 8:52 AM

I found the problem if anyone is having the same.

Apparently, the mouse driver thinks that the iPad is on the long side. I turned the iPad around and it of course works as expected because the mouse was already going the “wrong” way.

Then I turned it back to Landscape and the driver corrected itself. I had restarted the iPad earlier and that didn’t help correcting the orientation.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 8:52 AM in response to Moaglm

I found the problem if anyone is having the same.

Apparently, the mouse driver thinks that the iPad is on the long side. I turned the iPad around and it of course works as expected because the mouse was already going the “wrong” way.

Then I turned it back to Landscape and the driver corrected itself. I had restarted the iPad earlier and that didn’t help correcting the orientation.

Nov 29, 2022 2:59 PM in response to Moaglm

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities Moaglm,

The following steps should help:

1: Go to Settings  > General, then select Trackpad & Mouse.
2: Turn Natural Scrolling on or off: With this option selected, the contents on the screen move in the same direction as your finger.

For additional information, check out the following page: Change mouse settings on iPad

Take care!

Bluetooth Mouse Moving the Opposite Way, iPadOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.