Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV poor video quality while ROKU is fine

My Apple TV video quality has been poor for a couple of years while my Roku TV running the same app has great quality. I prefer the Apple TV so just bought a new 4k which has the exact same problem. Any idea what would cause this? Internet download speed is usually 25. I’ve tried turning off the wireless to the tv with no luck. The video gets real grainy and often stops completely. Feeling frustrated.

Apple TV HD

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 5:47 AM

Apple TV HD will max out at 1080p resolution, while native apps may show 4K resolution on a 4K TV. Could that be it?

To get 4K content from Apple TV, you will need a 4K model Apple TV.

Buffering is usually related to network limitations and/or network interference. It is most likely not the device itself.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 5:47 AM in response to Desert Toad

Apple TV HD will max out at 1080p resolution, while native apps may show 4K resolution on a 4K TV. Could that be it?

To get 4K content from Apple TV, you will need a 4K model Apple TV.

Buffering is usually related to network limitations and/or network interference. It is most likely not the device itself.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Apple TV poor video quality while ROKU is fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.