Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print preview screen

Is anyone else having problems viewing the full printing screen?

I can only view the print screen if I exit out of the window (if the program I was running was not fully maximized. I then have to maximize the program I am running, then cmd + P so the window will pop up. Even then, I can barely make out the print button.

this blows.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 8:42 PM

Please use this workaround that I found to solve the problem:

When you are in the Preview Application and you print, the Print dialogue window opens up.

If the bottom portion of the window with the buttons PDF, Cancel and Print are below your screen, this is what you have to do:

• Click on the tiny arrow pointing downward which looks like a 'v' to the left side of the Preview options list.
  • Then click on the '>' arrow on the left side of the Media and Quality options located below the Preview options.
  • This will resize the print dialogue window to reveal the bottom sections.

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 8:42 PM in response to Monkeyslippers

Please use this workaround that I found to solve the problem:

When you are in the Preview Application and you print, the Print dialogue window opens up.

If the bottom portion of the window with the buttons PDF, Cancel and Print are below your screen, this is what you have to do:

• Click on the tiny arrow pointing downward which looks like a 'v' to the left side of the Preview options list.
  • Then click on the '>' arrow on the left side of the Media and Quality options located below the Preview options.
  • This will resize the print dialogue window to reveal the bottom sections.

Hope this helps.

Nov 28, 2022 12:08 AM in response to Monkeyslippers

I guess this depends on 1) the window location, as the print window is positioned relative to it; and b) your screen resolution. If you have a too low screen resolution (as in "larger text"), then the print window may easily not fit into the screen.

As a small comfort, if all you need is to access the Print button, you can achieve the same effect by pressing Enter.

Print preview screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.