Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Yamaha Rx-v 2077 support Dolby MAT IE from Apple TV?

Has anyone solved the issue of expensive early "4K" Yamaha receivers

not playing Dolby Atmos from Apple TV 4K? It seems to me these early "4K" year's Yamaha receiver models can't handle the Dolby MAT format (just like they cant handle a 4k UHD Bluray) The best I get is 7.1 pcm by switching DOLBY Atmos off on Apple Tv. My other setup has a Later rx-v2079, which works fine. It seems like my au$80 HDMI Audio extractor I ordered from Amazon will be a waste of time, other than letting me get 4k HDR from Disney+ etc to my aging LG OLED 3D TV.

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 1:01 AM

The best answer for this will have to come from Yamaha, as they designed their equipment with the capabilities it has. Get support - Yamaha Support. You may need to update the firmware, if a newer version is available.

If the hardware has limitations that prevent this feature, then it is not solvable with this model.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 1:01 AM in response to YammySucker

The best answer for this will have to come from Yamaha, as they designed their equipment with the capabilities it has. Get support - Yamaha Support. You may need to update the firmware, if a newer version is available.

If the hardware has limitations that prevent this feature, then it is not solvable with this model.

Does Yamaha Rx-v 2077 support Dolby MAT IE from Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.