Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura OS only able to run on external drive on M1 Mac, Mail ,Safari, Adobe Apps will not run on my 2017 iMac Intel machine any way to make it work as well?

Anyone able to run Ventura loaded and booted on external drive with Intel macs? I can get external boot and software working well on my M1 machine, but not my 2017 iMac i5. Tried it 3 times: no mail, safari, Adobe apps able to run without instant crashing. Then the external M1 drive will not boot on Intel Mac.

iMac

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 2:30 AM

Q - " Then the external M1 drive will not boot on Intel Mac. "

A - There are elements of Ventura including Rosetta 2 that are not available to Intel Based computer at all even if both machines are running the same version of Ventura

A - Added is the nature of M1 computer Security Features About Startup Security Utility on a Mac with the Apple T2 Security Chip . They which would be required on the M1 computer to be configured to boot from an External Drive

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 2:30 AM in response to Sea Cliff

Q - " Then the external M1 drive will not boot on Intel Mac. "

A - There are elements of Ventura including Rosetta 2 that are not available to Intel Based computer at all even if both machines are running the same version of Ventura

A - Added is the nature of M1 computer Security Features About Startup Security Utility on a Mac with the Apple T2 Security Chip . They which would be required on the M1 computer to be configured to boot from an External Drive

Ventura OS only able to run on external drive on M1 Mac, Mail ,Safari, Adobe Apps will not run on my 2017 iMac Intel machine any way to make it work as well?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.