Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracks not selected from iOS 16 Apple music playlists in car with usb and bluetooth connection

Hi!

After updating from iOS 15.6 or similar I can not select tracks from my Apple music using usb connection or bluetooth in my car BMW 2014 (NBT). BMW has newest software. I also have had same problems with previous iOS softwares. It works every time if I reset iPhone each time and thats it. It is not OK.

What could be causing this? What is the fix here?

Please fix this issue asap.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 5:29 PM

Good afternoon viltsone,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you have updated your iPhone to iOS 16.1.1 and having issues connecting to your BMW via USB or Bluetooth.

The resources below will provide some steps to take to address this issue:

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car

Play music and podcasts in your car

If you are still not able to play your music, contact Apple for help:

Contact Apple for support and service

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 5:29 PM in response to viltsone

Good afternoon viltsone,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you have updated your iPhone to iOS 16.1.1 and having issues connecting to your BMW via USB or Bluetooth.

The resources below will provide some steps to take to address this issue:

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car

Play music and podcasts in your car

If you are still not able to play your music, contact Apple for help:

Contact Apple for support and service

Take care.

Dec 5, 2022 4:42 AM in response to judysings

Hi!

I think we do not speak same language. I said that issue is with iOS software and how to connect iPhone to the car. Sometimes it does not work with iOS 16.1.1 and many older iOS versions. There was older iOS it think 15.6 that worked fine with my car. Problem is that I need to restart iPhone almost every or second time after connecting to the car with USB or bluetooth. I did not have this issue with iOS 15.6 or so. Of course also different iOS 15 versions did not worked also.

What is the solution not to restart iPhone every second time to get connected to the car this way that I can select track from steering wheel or from NBT headunit?

Tracks not selected from iOS 16 Apple music playlists in car with usb and bluetooth connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.