Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview - Export as Separate PNGs

Re-asking this question, as I cannot make the original answer work - please help!

Original question from See-pee was;

In Preview, you can export a PDF as PNGs. How do you have these as separate images that you can then use? I have a 100 page PDF. I would like 100 individual PNGs, but Preview is just creating a single file with 100 pages of PNGs, not 100 PNG files (like you would get when exporting with Adobe or PPT).

Luis Sequeira1's response was;

You can do this easily with Automator. Maybe there is already a Quick Action you can use, otherwise here is how you create one:

1) Open Automator, and choose Quick Action

Make it like this:

Save it - as, say "PDF Pages as PNG"

2) Then all you have to do is control-click a pdf file in the Finder, and choose Quick Actions->PDF Pages as PNG
In your desktop, you will find a folder called Result, with your numbered pages in PNG format.

Suspect I'm missing something out, as I cannot find the folder called Result on my desktop. What am I doing wrong? 2020 M1 Mini running Venture 13.0.1

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 11:06 AM

Try to add a Move Finder Items action to the workflow and choose a destination (say, the Download folder). The PNGs should appear in the chosen folder.

Similar questions

1 reply

Preview - Export as Separate PNGs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.