Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with HEVC, Missing Plug-in

HI All and Happy Holidays,

I shot about 90 mins. 4K on iPhone 13 in HEVC. I did optimize it.

FCX - 10.5.4

OS - Catalina- 10.15.7

Copied it to external drive and imported. In the browser it looks fine but dragging to timeline and get brightness error message. I apply HDR effect and then changing mode to SLG to 709. But reopening project today shows all footage with Missing Plug-IN (red). For some reason I know longer see "SLG to 709" in mode. I see HLG. Perhaps I wrote it down wrong?

Anyway, troubles with HEVC workflow.

My goal is to export small videos from this footage.

I don't have compressor.

Thanks,

Al

iMac 27″

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 8:25 AM

I don't see why this would happen. This version of FCP should support HEVC material, and so does Catalina.

Perhaps there is some corruption in the present library.

If you make a new library and import this file, does it play correctly?

Similar questions

7 replies

Nov 28, 2022 7:53 AM in response to UCanCallMeAl

Thanks.

I'd start by deleting preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences.

The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

If the problem perists, control-click the file in the browser, choose Reveal in Finder, and try to open it in Quicktime Player. Does it play? Press Command-I in Quicktime Player and post a screenshot of the Movie Inspector.

Nov 28, 2022 9:17 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

yayayayayay Luis.

Making new library did it!!! I closed and restarted and all good.

I have to apply the HDR tools and I chose HLG to 709 and that fixes the brightness.

Is that the best one to choose?

Is HEVC really better or can I save time with not choosing it in future? All I heard is that makes streaming better maybe?

Thanks per usual Luis,

AL

Working with HEVC, Missing Plug-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.